2014 Honda Accord EX
– by James Hamel
If ever there was a new car that you could very well safely purchase just by assuming its overall excellence, we would bet that if you bought a new and safely middle of the road 2014 Honda Accord EX trim level family sedan that based on past history over the past quarter century that you would be quite happy with your purchase. The Accord has simply been that good a car for that long a period of time. Not only has it proven unfailingly reliable for millions of owners but it has also been a fun to drive and fuel efficient car loved by millions of Americans. So what more can you say than all of that? Well, we have got some more to say.
As we here at WhyThisRide.com have our very own distinct view as to why we would buy any new car on the market today, we have included this handy list of bulleted reasons why you should buy the 2014 Honda Accord EX as your next new ride. Trust us, you won’t end up regretting it. And you can bet our staff contributor James Hamel’s atrocious singing voice on it too.
Why This Ride?
- The 2.4 liter 189 horsepower 4-cylinder mated to a CVT automatic transmission is the best pairing of this type in this class of family car.
- We love the way the Accord rides, steers and handles sportily yet is also supremely comfortable cruising along on the freeway.
- Just $24,880 gets automatic climate control, moonroof, alloy wheels, Bluetooth, power everything, USB/i-Pod integration, and plenty of room for everyone and their junk.
- The Honda Accord always holds its value better than the competition.
- The new Honda Lane Watch Assist system features a camera in the passenger side mirror which shows a camera in the center screen whenever you are changing lanes or turning right thereby eliminating guesswork and improving safety.